Sunday 13 December 2009

4th International Conference on Harmonization of Civil Laws and Syariah in Attorney General Chambers Putrajaya

Alhamdulillah, I had the opportunity to assist my lecturers in the 4th International Conference on Harmonization of Civil Laws and Syariah in Attorney General Chambers Putrajaya on 8th and 9th December 2009.

The event itself, gathered all the experts of laws around the world, including Malaysia, Jordan, Kuwait and Kashmir.

We, 8 of us were devided to 5 venues to assist the pararell session for the paper presentation.

Helping the presentation session sometimes got me bored because the papers are not interesting (sometimes especially on the last session of the second day..hehe). But I do enjoy my experiences here, meeting all the professionals and learn many things about law.

There are some points that I wish to share from this conference......

1) The Chief Justice in Maldives once was not a law graduate. He is the muslim scholar. They even do not have the certified lawyers before this. The first certified lawyer ever in their country was in 1985 and it was just 20 years back from now. The country just developing in their own legal field. Maldives is a Muslim country and they have a mono system of court not like us Malaysia which have the dual system of court.

2) I met with Dr Mohd Naim Moktar, the only 1 Phd holder Judge in Syariah Court in Malaysia (as he was 1 of the moderater in my session which I need to deal with). And he is IIUM Alumni.

3) I also met with Sister Sharifah, she was my senior in AIKOL and she is OKU but now she is attaching to Jabatan Kemajuan Wanita dan Masyarakat. Amazing right?

4) There are many options and alternatives for us to harmonise the civil and shariah law in Malaysia and this world. And we cannot contend that Shariah is not complied with the current situation and back dated law. So, do enforce and applied it please. Dare to take the challenge?

No comments: